Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Super Street Fighter® IV 3D Edition For 3DS

Super Street Fighter IV is coming to the 3DS with new modes and a drastically different perspective, without sacrificing any of the content that made the console versions fan favorites. Read on for our hands-on impressions of one of the 3DS' most hardcore-friendly first releases.
What we're talking about: Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, the next portable iteration of the Street Fighter franchise due for Nintendo's upcoming 3DS handheld.
Where we saw it: Yoshinori Ono-the producer of all of the Street Fighter IV versions including this one-came to GamePro's office to answer some questions about the game while playing the game against me.

What you need to know?

  • The game's 3D visuals are very well-implemented. I was expecting a fairly drab interpretation of the game's 2D planes, but the new behind-the-shoulder perspective presents a very cool 'depth of field' viewpoint of the action and is an excellent showcases for the game's special moves. Having played a few rounds with the new perspective, I was able to adapt to the changed viewpoints enough to pull off the moves the same way I did before. It's not quite like having a hadouken thrown right at the screen, but it's pretty darn impressive, considering it doesn't really muck up the tried and true combat.
  • Every single stage and character from the console version of Super Street Fighter IV has been brought over to this edition. While I didn't see any additional characters, it's a breath of fresh air considering how depleted Street Fighter IV's roster was when it debuted on the iPhone.
  • The game presents the best of both worlds when it comes to controls. Most movement and attacks are done with the analog stick or d-pad and the system's six buttons--though it is just as awkward as playing the game with any standard 'four face button' controller--but the touch screen does the player to pre-map four of the character's more complex moves (like special moves, ultra combos, and super combos) to the touch screen. For purists, there will be online and offline "Pro Modes" that will remove the ability to utilize these quick-access attacks.
  • I got a brief look at the game's 'Trophy Mode' that will take advantage of the 3DS' 'Street Pass' feature. In Trophy Mode, players pick a team of fighters and tweak their stats in order for them to engage in battles against other SSFIV3D owners passed by during the day. The next time the mode is started, the battles will be shown, with the trophies knocking into each other in a crude simulation of the stat-battle.
Point in development cycle: Capcom didn't reveal a release date for SSFIV3D, but the game felt like it was near-completion.
My take: I have a very good feeling about Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition-the same sentiment I had with the SNES version of Street Fighter II. Even though it's tough to accept a Street Fighter game that can't utilize an arcade stick, I think the 3D integration and portability of the game are enough to sell this game as one of my first 3DS game purchases if Capcom can get this title out early enough. If the stars align, this could be the perfect 3DS launch title for hardcore gamers.

Source: http://www.gamepro.com

1 comment:

  1. After a long time of searching for a recovery expert and platforms to help me recovering my funds, I finally meet a ethical hacker who helped me to recovery all i have lost to this broker site 24options worth $30 Thoushand USD, and I must say that he's a God sent, His help was quite outstanding from the handling of the case by the case manager to completion. I just want to say thank you onlineghosthacker247 for this rare opportunity to get my funds back when all hope seems lost due to the sea of scams out there. I totally recommed him and you can reach him on his email ( onlineghosthacker247 @ gmail . com) and thank me later

    ReplyDelete